The City hiring a retired employee to conduct investigations
- Some of the investigations into retaliation have moved forward. This being said, the "independent third party" that is investigating these accusations retired from the city in December.
- This person actually worked for and reported to Shelia Simpson, the Director of HR
- They retired in December, formed their own company, and 5 weeks after retiring was hired by the City as the independent third party.
- City Staff has become brazen in showing they do not care for any employee.
-It has been brought to out attention that some of out brothers and sisters have been receiving substantially lower paychecks. This is due to people being put on workman's comp.
-The issue is no one has contacted them about filing a workman's comp claim. Not the city, fire department, or Sedgewick, which is the company the city sub-contracts to handle this has had any communication with members.
- In typical fashion, everyone blames everyone else and no one takes responsibility.
- After weeks of asking, we finally got the answer of Chief Skiers is the Fire Department liaison between the City's Risk Management.
- How and why is there a determination between "off-duty" and "on duty" exposures.
- What does this mean as far as treatment in the future if this disease causes other lung problems.
Firefighter 2 classes
- Your union has fought for compensation for taking classes to make Firefighter 2 and finally won that battle 4 years ago. But now it is back.
- The "professional" fire department is now asking Firefighter 1's to voluntarily take classes on their own time for promotion.
- If you are not being paid by the City of Charlotte, you will not be covered under workman's comp.
- CMPD pays their officers to take the classes to make Senior Patrol officer.